I want to write up some of the ideas, practices and preferences that help me in the helping conversations I offer.
And then I want to share it.
In a book. Two books. Three books. I don’t know how many.
So right now I am trying to figure out the concept of the first one.
Johan Van de Putte
- The vulnerability of helping professionals in the face of a single story
- Hope-friendly helping conversations
- Protecting against black magic: ‘people always respond’
- Therapy, a Two–Way Street: 8 anti-burnout questions for care-givers
- Guest post: First steps on the road of Narrative Therapy. A mosaic of stories.
- conversations about problems
- David Epston
- externalising conversations
- Geen categorie
- narrative therapy
- note taking
- Outsider witnesses
- single story
- Social and relational history
- Sparkling experiences
- to respond
Anti-burnout anxiety burnout compliments Context coping Depression despair dossier effects empowering conversations Externalising conversations externalizing helping conversations hope identity Initiatives Michael White mourning narrative therapy note taking problems progress PTSD qualities re-traumatization Responding scaling questions sharing single story situating appreciation skills social-relational history solution-focused therapy sparkle sparkling Sparkling experiences story Suicidal ideation trauma two-way street values vulnerability witnesses Zigzagging